Last week I posted a request for ideas to involve the technology teacher with
the Media Center.

I found that I had not clearly stated the situation.  In this case, use of
computers is not a problem.  Hyperstudio is used extensively in his program.
What I wanted were ideas to show that the Media Center information sources
could help his program.

Here are some of the comments I received (heavily edited for space)

a tech class in my school is entering a Web page in the Cyberfair
school contest.  They had to do a lot of research--after defining their
tasks, etc. The Web address is:

 http://www.gsn.org/gsn/cb/

We just did a project with our sixth graders.  They were studying Japan
so we made a trivia game using hyperstudio.  The kids were divided into
groups of 3 and each group had to come up with a trivia question and
three answers - one right, one silly, and one tricky.  They were given an
area like customs, sports, etc.

There is an excellent article in the Nov./Dec. 1996 Electronic Learning

Hi - I have a similar situation at my intermediate school.  That teacher and
I dialogue all the time about various aspects of information, etc.  I am a
resource for her in a variety of ways.  I haven't had time or the time in my
LMC to schedule all of her classes, but if I did, I would:
Go to her classroom first to do some background work...perhaps in the area
of future careers in technology.
At that later date...presentation time, I would make sure I was there in
the class to view and participate in the evaluation and evaluation rubric of
these projects.

Our technology teacher brings her students to the media center to research
topics such as the "Chunnel" and high spped trains.  Each student selects
a topic; some choose consumer-oriented topics such as CD players.  She has
also done a unit on housing around the world, but that unit relied more on
our book resources.

<-

LM_NET Archive Home