Hi,
I've been following the book review discussion and have begun to experiment=
 with a different (for me, anyway) way of letting our students know what=
 someone else thought of a particular book.
  The Global Studies teachers here had a recent assignment in which the=
 students had to read an historical fiction book that took place in one of=
 the countries they have studied this year and write a book report that=
 included a summary of the book, how it informed them about other cultures=
 and what they thought of the book overall.  I asked to see the finished=
 reports and from those, I selected the ones which I felt contained useful=
 information for future students.
  We use Mandarin so I was able to add the subject STUDENT REVIEW AVAILABLE=
 to the record.  We then added a brief review under the 224 Mandarin tag (Re=
commendations/Reviews) and, after making adjustments to the format for=
 displaying records on the OPAC, it now works beautifully!  The students put=
 their initials after their review and are pleased that their words will now=
 be on the OPAC long after they have graduated!
If anyone would like more details on the Mandarin part, please let me know.

Geri McMahon
Minerva DeLand Scholl
=46airport, NY 14450

gmcmahon@monroe.edu