The time has come...

We will meet next month to discuss our current 6-day schedule in
preparation for next year.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone
who is involved in a rotating schedule, whether 4 days or 6.

How long has this been going on?
Are the "specials" included?  If any of them are done by itinerants, how
do they feel about it?
Is your library a Special?
What do the classroom teachers have to say about things like PE in the
primary grades, where they no longer have a set "gym day?"
Has your school ended up with two schedules?  One of our grade 6-8 teachers
(there are 3 unless you include me, and they often don't :-(  )spoke
about shifting class times so their teaching hours varied, i.e. not
having math first period Mon.-Fri. (They are departmental)

I know we've talked about planning time--does that fit in anywhere here?

Does anyone have a creative solution that made everyone, or almost
everyone, happy?

Thanks for whatever you have to offer.  I hope I've asked the right
questions.  In the end, tell me anything.  {8-)

Kathy Hintz                     Hintz@vaxa.sunyccgc.edu
Librarian, Etc
St. Patrick's School
Catskill, NY