The trend I am seeing in our high school is "if it's not assigned, don't read
it."  This is not particularly new in regard to books, but it is a new trend in
regard to magazines and newspapers.  I am seeing less and less recreational
reading of any kind.  My question:  How many periodicals do you subscribe to if
you have full text availability on line?  We have EBSCO MAS Full Text Elite and
SIRS Researcher.  Currently, I subscribe to 95 periodicals; another 22 titles
are donated monthly.  With budget cuts, I need to revise my subscription list
downward.  I would appreciate any thoughts, comments on this situation.  I will
post a Hit if there is enough interest.  Thanks in advance.  Kathryn Bisher

LM_NET Archive Home