Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 22:23:31 -0800
From: KE Hones <khones@MUSE.SFUSD.K12.CA.US>
Subject: No Subject

Thoughtful (!!!) reading...I hope every educator will read this article.

The administrators who are applying this "radical tactic" in San Francisco
may be job hunting in your district next.

TEACHER MAGAZINE, MARCH, 1997 ARTICLE "DO OR DIE"
on school reconstitution here in San Francisco
Page 26: Richard Elmore, a Harvard University professor...believes radical
strategies like reconstitution are the wave of the future. ...version of it
everywhere within the next five years...This will drive people to come up
with new systems of accountability."
page 28: "I can't worry about teacher morale," Mission principal Ted Alfaro
says.

KE Hones                        "A dreamer lives forever."
Mission High School Library     Remember Tax Check Off for Libraries!!
3750 18th Street, #400
SF, CA 94110  (415) 241-6240 FAX (415) 626-1641 <khones@sfusd.k12.ca.us>

LM_NET Archive Home