From: Branch Library Head in Hawaii
To: Hawaii Working Group
Subject: B & T defense: Selection Advisory Committee
Pure garbage.  They have not established any  communication to rectify
 this problem.  I have said it over and over - 2 practicing librarians and
2 nonpracticing librarians cannot speak for the entire state.  I have not
been able to locate any librarian who has seen  a list of what B&T has
selected.  I have seen previous e-mails where one  of the selection
committee members expresses hopes they will get more than just a list
of authors and titles.  My understanding is that once a week they are
faxed a list.  Have a few days to look it over and then respond a few
days later.  Does this sound as though this is something four people
can do when it is an additional duty.  I think not.  B&T has done
nothing to endear themselves to librarians and rectify the problems.
Maybe in their dreams!