Has anyone else seen the March 1997 issue of Harper's in which Sallie
Tisdale (contributing editor) talks about the condition of today's
libraries? I really think someone from ALA should respond to this. She
obviously doesn't understadn that we must grow to meet the demands of our
public.

She is upset with the quiet hallowed halls of libraries being used up by
peole talking, telephones ringing and valuable shelf space taken over by
computers instead of books!

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer, Storyteller &  Author!! :-)
                             tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                             http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/

1270 North Marine Drive, Suite 101-424
Tamuning GUAM 96911 U S A

Reality is only for those who lack imagination!

LM_NET Archive Home