I'd appreciate anyone who is willing to share their criteria or ideas
for high school students creating a web page that provides the
usual 5 page paper content and uses the advantages of the technology.I've
been collaborating on a unit with a science teacher and the final
project is a web page.  It's an appropriate format for the assignment
as we've spent a lot of time looking at Internet resources,
evaluating web pages, search engines, citing etc.  These
are high school seniors so a web page at the end of their senior year is
slightly more interesting than another paper, but we also know that
essentially we are looking for the content of a 5 page paper plus graphics
and links.  I'm asking that their page fit the criteria we used for
evaluating web sites and that had a strong content/information component.
However, I'm trying to tell them that just a series of links is not enough
and that I expect the content to show a synthesis of information without
telling them to paste in the usual 5 pages and add links. Any suggestions?

Sylvia K. Norton      snorton@saturn.caps.maine.edu
Freeport High School
30 Holbrook St.
Freeport, ME 04105