I have been helping one of our technicians who has worked in the library
for over 13 years try to find a way to get her degree. There is no way she
can leave island for any length of time and the classes she can get here
are only 3 basic LibSci classes with her teaching degree. She doesn't want
to teach. Most of the folks in the library have been here 10 to 23 years
treading water without their degrees - and most started very young. If I
can assist one, maybe the rest will go along.

Yesterday we looking through a ref book which listed schools which have
correspondence degrees. There were 7 or 8 who listed Library Science in
their offerings. Of those only 2 had ALA accredited Library Science schools
on their campus. (U of NC-Chapel Hill and U of TN - Knoxville) My
assumption is that the correspondence courses my not necessarily be part of
the ALA accredited school.

Any comments or ideas?

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer, Storyteller &  Author!! :-)
                             tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                             http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/

1270 North Marine Drive, Suite 101-424
Tamuning GUAM 96911 U S A

Reality is only for those who lack imagination!

LM_NET Archive Home