Our cable reception is very poor. The cable company (Adelphia) says they
cannot always get better reception because of the area the school is
located in. I have the same cable co. and live in the same location as the
schools and I get decent cable reception. I think the problem is in the
receiver or amplifier. I'm not really sure about this.

Nevertheless, the cable co. doesn't seem willing to work on this problem.
I want to know if anyone else has had cable cooperation problems at their
schools. Is there a Federal Cable Act that says cable companies must
provide service to their area's schools as part of their service to the
community? If so, can we be more aggressive about our reception requests
and expect them to comply? Any advice with this topic would be
appreciated.
Carol Van Deest,Librarian
Johnstown High School   614-967-2721
Johnstown, OH 43031     cvandeest@laca.ohio.gov