Barbara,

>The librarians feel that this, even more than the actual law being cited,
>would help to foster compliance.

Here are the two most important reasons for complying with copyright laws:
1) Have you ever ordered educational materials that turned out to be very
disappointing? The products had little depth, outdated information, and
overall,
was poor quality.  I use the phrase: "It doesn't pass the 'So What' test."
 If we don't honor the developers and writers who shed blood, sweat, and
tears trying to
create quality products, then where is their motivation?  We will continue
to see a
growth in shallow, inferior products.
2) Complying with copyright laws is a wonderful way for teachers and librarians
to model ethical behavior.  It's simply the right thing to do.

Evie Funk / funkx005@gold.tc.umn.edu
Hopkins West Junior High
Minnetonka, MN
"Oh this learning, what a thing it is." - Shakespeare

LM_NET Archive Home