I'm a new subscriber to this listserv, and what fun it has been so
far!  Just wanted to share with you a poet I heard today at the NC
Reading Association Conference.  Brod Bagert (that's right, it's not
Brad) believes strongly that poetry must be performed to be enjoyed.
He's a former trial lawyer and New Orleans city councilman who now
spends his life visiting school children and performing poetry.

I'd never heard of him before, but he was great!  Some of his books of
poetry are If Only I Could Fly, Let Me Be the Boss, Chicken Socks, and
Elephant Games.  Find them in time for Natl Poetry Month. And if you
ever have a chance to hear him speak, go for it.

Diane Averett
Creedmoor Elementary School
Creedmoor, NC

LM_NET Archive Home