Hi Jeanie,

WE use The Electronic Bookshelf in our school. I think it is similar to
Accelerated Reader. There are titles disks with 15-16 titles and
self-tests that students take on a book that they have read.There is the
potential for teachers to make a test for a book that is not on any list.
There is record keeping for the teacher. The title disks begin at grade 1
or 2 and go through middle school. There are 8-10 title disks for each
grade. We use it only at 4th grade now, but might expand it to include
grade 3 or 5 next year. Phone number is 317-324-2182

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, JEANIE GRAY wrote:

> I am searching for alternatives to the Accelerated Reader program
> which we currently use with our middle schoolers.  Our principal is
> looking for a different program to use with our Chapter 1 readers in
> the 2nd and 3rd grade.  I need names of programs, phone numbers and
> addresses.  Thanks so much.
>
> Jeanie Gray
> Hector Elementary Library
> grayj@hector.k12.ar.us