I agree with Cheryl on the need for information in subject headers.  With so
many interesting letters coming, it is a great help if the subjects have
some indication of the contents.  And, while on the subject, like so much of
the sharing we do as librarians, I'd appreciate information requestors
posting significant replies.  The following are frustrating :  "Thanks for
the all your help!"  which seems like the answers were fantastic, but won't
be shared.  "I agree totally, it will save the world" - the answer is
somewhere in previous postings and I have cleared the trash from my
mailings, not recognizing its true significance ; "write to me directly" - I
hope this means that the person plans to gather the information and post a
HIT. Remembering the purpose of this group, to share our expertise, would
most certainly make the group more effective.  Earl Sande (Brent
International School Manila)

LM_NET Archive Home