>Information please!. What platform does the program Hyperstudio run on?
Hyperstudio runs on multiple platforms including Windows 3.1, Macintosh,
Apple IIGS, and the Acorn (a British computer). There is a major update
to the Windows version which will make the Mac and Windows versions
identical. The update (free to registered users) should be out soon,
probably April. The stacks created on either platform are compatible and
can be exchanged. E-mail me for more specifics.

>What level of computer is required to run it?
 I am running it on LCIIs w/4 megs of RAM as well as PowerMac 5260s with
16 megs of RAM. Each stack is loaded into RAM memory. The more RAM, the
larger the stacks one can build. 256 color images take up twice the
memory space as 16 color images. However, the larger/more complicated the
stack, the harder it is to share with others.

>How would it compare to Power Point?>Are there any advantages to using this
program instead of Power Point

I have used Powerpoint and Hyperstudio; each one has it's strengths. Both
allow users to
* create screens of imformation
* create links and transitions between screens
* add images like PICTS to screens

The major differences are...

Powerpoint allows the user to prepare a _linear_ presentation. Powerpoint
has an excellent outlining feature that helps someone organize
information for a speech/lecture/presentation which  can then be
transformed into a series of sequential slides and handouts.

Hyperstudio allows the user to create a _nonlinear_ presentation. The
links allow branching out from the topic. Linked objects can include
text, images, cards/screens or stacks. HS is far more flexible in
accessing sounds, images, video and other basic data formats than
Powerpoint. I have made choose your own adventure stacks, branching
stacks and am working on a weather station stack where the kids will be
"live" on tv doing a weathercast.I don't think these are possible within
Powerpoint.

I hope this answers at least some of your questions.

Rick

LM_NET Archive Home