Aaaaiiiieeeee!!!!
I just found out that the stupintendent of my former district,
who hired a classroom teacher to run the library
(because that's all he could get at the moment -- but that's another story)
has ordered her to "get rid of anything published before 1990."

so this sweet young thing is busily stripping the shelves without any
other guidelines or even understanding of children's lit or curriculum,
and the teachers have been forced into becoming dumpster-divers to
rescue all kinds of resources, including basic reference books,
Newberies, Notables, authors like Freedman, Meltzer, Paterson, Paulsen,
. . . . you get the idea.
The teachers did try to complain/explain the idiocy of this decision
to the stupidintendent, but he's terrorizing them in so many ways
that this is just another irrelevancy to him.

No, I can't personally do anything about this situation, but I did
need to vent to you-all, who would understand.

Alice H. Yucht
AliceInfo@aol.com

LM_NET Archive Home