I need some comparative data for a paper I am working on. Please help me with
the following. I will not post individual thanks, though I do thank you in
advance, but I will post the results. My position is that the best defense in a
censorship challenge is being ready with an approved materials selection policy
in place...but that many of us are content with one in the back of the file that
no one but the librarian knows too much about.

1. Does your library have a board approved materials selection policy?

2. Has this policy been reviewed with the current Board of Education?

3. Does your library have a form for Reconsideration of Materials?

4. Have you ever had someone file one of these forms?

5.  If so, was the reconsidered material retained, removed or kep with limited
access?

6. Has an informal, unwritten challenge ever resulted in removal of a book?

7. Was this challenge made by a school employee (even a principal or
superintendent?)?

                        Thanks!

LM_NET Archive Home