Thank you to those who sent book suggestions with different state
settings. I am posting a list of the titles I got and hope you keep me
in mind when a book comes up that has a state setting. I am interested
in all of your recommendations.

Nebraska: "Dandelions" by Eve Bunting, "Prairie Song" by Pam Conrad, and
"Night of the Twisters by Ruckman
Wyoming: "Snowed In", and Mary O"Hara's "My Friend Flicka",
"Thunderhead" and "Green Grass of Wyoming"
Texas: "Armadillo from Amarillo"
Wisconsin: "Rascal" by Sterling North, "Little House in the Big Woods"
by Laura Ingalls Wilder, "Caddie Woodlawn" by Carol Ryrie Brink, "First
Farm in the Valley" by Ann Pellowski, "Weird Henry Berg" by Sarah
Sargent, "Chrysanthemum" and other books by Kevin Henkes
Iowa: "Leah's Pony", "Corn Farm Boy", "The Haunting of Cabin 13" by
Kristi Holl, "Switcharound" by Lois Lowry, and "Chicken Bucks" by Susan
Sharpe
Alabama: "Wiley and the Hairy Man"
Oregon: Beverly Cleary Books
Tennessee: "Flossie and the Fox"
Louisiana: "A Million Fish More or Less"
Oklahoma: "Summer of the Monkeys" by Wilson Rawls
Utah: "Soup" books, "The Great Brain Books" by John D. Fitzgerald,
"Uchida's Journey to Topaz", and "Journey Home"
North Carolina: "The Moves Make the Man", "Sunday Outing" by Gloria Jean
Pinkney
Pennsylvania: "Back Home" by Gloria Jean Pinkney
Maine: "One Morning in Maine" by Robery McCloskey, "Lost on the Mountain
in Maine", "Sign of the Beaver" by Speare, "The Western Wind" by Fox,
"Keeping the Lights Burning Abbie Burgess" by Roop
Kansas: "Jayhawker" by Patricia Beatty, "Steal Away Home" Lois Ruby
Massachusettes: "Make Way for the Ducklings" by Robert McCloskey
New York: "Remember Me to Harold Square" by Paula Danziger
Virginia: "Christmas in the Big House, Christmas in the Quarters" by
McKissack
Florida: "Hurricane City" by Sara Weeks, "Hurricane" by David Weiser,
"Beach Ball" by Peter Sis, "The Seashore Book" by Charlotte Zolotow,
"Curious George at the Beach" by Margaret Rey, "Beazch Feet" by Lynn
Reiser, "Emma at the Beach" by James Stevenson, "At the Beach" by Anne
Rockwell, "J. Rooker, Manatee" by Jan Haley, "Sam, the Sea Cow" by
Francine Jacobs, "The Everglades" by Jean Craighead George, "Florida" by
Dennis Fradin, "Seashores" by Herbert Zim and "Oranges" by Zack Rogow
New Hampshire" "The River Ran Wild" by Lynne Cherry
Missouri: "Me and Caleb" by Franklyn Meyer
Michigan: In-Between Days" by Eve Bunting

If you come up with any more titles I am continuing my collection and
will post another hit.

Carol Clemennt, librarian
Virginia Run Elementary
Centreville, VA