Hello

My serviced was down for two days so I may have missed a few postings. Here are the
examples netters sent to
me. Enjoy!

Bev Boyd
Baysid Secondary School
Belleville, Ontario
bevboyd@blvl.igs.net

When our students come to school on April 1, they won't find their regular
classroom teacher taking attendance.  We put all our names in a hat and
then drew out the class we would teach for the first hour or so of the day.
When the kids come in we plan to say that we ARE their teacher.  What do
they mean, where is Mrs. Doe? :)  The classroom teachers, custodians,
librarian, interrelated teachers are all involved.  Plus this will give the
classroom teachers a chance to see that I really am a teacher and not just
the lady who shelves books.  :)

We're an elementary school of 430 students.

I had good fun with the date due cards.
This works if you are still putting pre-stamped date due cards in the
pockets of your sign-outs.

I generally prestamp the date due cards in black ink.  On April 1 I take
the prestamped cards which read---in black ink----due "April 15", and I add
a red ink stamp under it that reads, "April 1".
When the more perceptive kids are worried that they have to bring them back
the day they borrow them, I say April Fool and then reassure that only the
black date counts.  This year I think I'll do a teaser over the loud
speaker that there is a special April Fool joke that kids can enjoy if they
borrow a book.

Joan

LM_NET Archive Home