I am almost to embarrassed to admit that I am still working on the
homepage for my library.  As always, when I work on a project I begin to
write about it.  Though I have examined many homepages and have my own
feelings about the essential elements a library might include on a page
that provides resources and guidance to students and faculty, I was
wondering if I might have forgotten anything.

Care to help me develop and outline or template for a model school
library homepage?  (With the understanding that every program has its own
special needs, of course.)

Here's the organizer I have developed thus far.  I welcome your
suggestions and would be happy to post the compiled version.

Library Web Page Organizer

School District Icon
Name of Library
Address
Phone
Fax
E-mail button

Introductory text/goal of home page:  We hope that this page will provide
access to quality information resources to support our curriculum for the entire
school community

People: Links to library staff(librarian) page(s)

Curricular Resources (or resources pages): Arrange by subject and/or teacher

Sites for general reference

Acceptable Use Policy

Style Sheets

Copyright

Searching tips

Search engines

Subject directories

Information literacy goals and related sites
Other school district sites
Other school library sites

Joyce Kasman Valenza
<jvalenza@mciunix.mciu.k12.pa.us> or joyce.valenza@phillynews.com
Wissahickon High School Library      Philadelphia Inquirer  tech.k12
521 Houston Road
Ambler, PA  19002
Phone: 215-628-1735
Fax: 215-643-2920