To all who sent me the info, many thanks

As the kids would say:  D'OH!!   I should have known the answer,  or at least
done some "real" research before displaying my ignorance to the world --
especially since I rail (privately) about people who post questions that they
SHOULD be able to find by themselves.
My only excuse --it was a question from a neighbor, I'm at home, without any
standard reference sources to look in, and I knew you'd know.
Alice

>named after George Boole
>(1815-1864) an English mathematician and logician.  He was self-taught, a
>professor at Queen's College in Cork, author of several treatises and other
>mathematical works.  In his book "An Investigation of the Laws of Thought"
>he elaborated his method of applying algebraic operations to logic,
>yielding Boolean algebra, a pioneer form of symbolic logic.
>
>Hope this helps.
>Kathy Graves, IMC Director/Librarian

LM_NET Archive Home