I was entering a book into my Follett Unison circ/cat and when I went to
save it, a meaage flashed on the screen that I would be duplicating an ISBN
*and* an LCCN.  I assumed somehow the record had been duplicated.  I went in
and searched by ISBN and found another book, full MARC record, completely
different title but SAME publisher (National Geographic) and SAME copyright
date (1974)!!!??  Can anyone tell me how this is possible?  I had the full
MARC record of one book on the screen and another book in my hand, both with
the same ISBN and LCCN.  Whoa!  Was I dreaming?  (I know I'm stressed out
this late in the year, but this is a bit much!)

--
Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School(K-4)

LM_NET Archive Home