>I am afraid I am inclined to agree with him in a global sense. The image of
>past librarians says it all..mousy, quiet, not assertive, not very social
>animals.... I think that image still causes people to take us less

Yo, TK...  I'd substutite "stereotype" for the word "image".  Did you hear
any of the stories that got collected in the "libraries change lives" thing
of ALA?  I was in school and we were supposed to collect some stories.  My
faovrite reference librarian got started and it was hard to stop her, good
stories of changes came out in a string.  And I think of librarians who have
changed my life.  also, I'd say the power to change that we ...or I, in my
elementary school, have, is not very visible to most folks, but power
doesn't have to be visible.  Nor does it have to be immediate.  And given
the crew that hangs around LM_NET, I'd say we are an incredibly POWERFUL
bunch!!

--
Johanna Halbeisen
Woodland Elementary School(K-4)