-- [ From: Cheryl Sturgeon * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Dear LM-Netters,
Our 1st (hopefully) Highland Young Author program was held Thurs. evening as
recognition for students who had written a book.  I was terrified having to
do this on my own after the county had done it for many years,  but it went
very well.
This was due mainly to our wonderful speaker who I would like to reccomend
to all of you.

Laurie Lazzaro Knowlton is the author of Why Cowboys Sleep with Their Boots
On and Why Cowboys Need a Brand.  She has had another in the series accepted
for publication titled Why Cowboys Need a Pardner.  Her program was
delightful to both the children who attended this evening program as well as
their parents and teachers. We were very lucky that she lives in our county
. She is a native Ohioan who lived in Texas for 7 years.  We were very lucky
to get her on short notice since she has been traveling widely on author
visits.

For more information you can contact Pelican Publishing. 1101 Monroe St., P.
O. Box 3110, Gretna, LA 70054 or e-mail me for her personal address.

I am also looking for an author for our 2nd annual... so if you would like
to send me reccomendations I would appreciate it.

Just got info on J. Patrick Lewis in the mail yesterday.  I've heard him
speak and loved him, but wonder how he is with kid's . If you have had him
to your district, let me know.  I may have trouble meeting his $1000 a day
plus expenses.

Cheryl
--
Cheryl A. Sturgeon