Thanks to all who replied to my request for books like The Giver.  The
most recommended was The Wave.  For those who are interested, below is
the list I gave to the elem. library supervisor.

>From April 1995 LM_NET archivesBabbitt - Tuck Everlasting; Baird - Smart Rats;
>Card - Ender's Game,
Speaker for the Game; Christopher - The city of gold and lead, the white
mountains; Dickinson - The changes, a trilogy; Engdahl - This star shall
abide; Hilton - Lost Horizon; Hughes - Invitation to the game; Huxley -
Brave New World; Lawrence - Andre; LeGuinn - The Dispossessed; L'Engle -
any title; Nelson - The girl who owned a city; O'Brien - Z for
Zachariah;Orwell - Animal Farm and 1984; Alexander - Pyrdain chronicle
books; Simak -Way Station; Snyder - Under the root, All Between

Replies to my request:
Devil's Arithemtic - The Wave. - Animal Farm - Brave New World -
Invitation to the Game - Found (June Oldham) - Jacob's Rescue - To
Destroy You Is No Loss - Waterbound (Jane Stemp) - Ring of Endless Light
 - Eva by Peter Dickinson - The Chocolate War - Fahrenheit 451 -
1984- Anthem

Joyce Nolan
Douglas High School
Minden NV 89423