I posted a request for phone numbers and price quoted for microfiche printer
readers.  I have had requests to post the results.

We also received a flyer from canon for a reader that can attach to a
cpu.  You would then scan, print, save to floppy, etc the material on the
microfiche or microfilm.  Has anyone seen this product and is it worth it?

In 1993 we purchased a reader printer that will do both film and
fiche.  It cost us $3,700.  We got the Canon Microprinter 60. Canon's
phone number is 516 488 6700 in New York. Canon has a government marketing
center at 703 642 8050.

Highsmith also sells reader printers.  Their number is 1 800 558 2110.
They have an Alos z40 for $3,250.00 plus extras.

Demco's number is 1 800 356 1200.  They have the Bell & Howell ABR990.
It is $5,000.00 plus any extras you want.

Gaylord has the Alos z40 for $2,995.00 plus extras or the Micro Copy 750
for $2,295.00.  Their phone number is 1 800 634 6307.

Recently received a price quote on a Canon for 3100.00.  This
was for a unit that would print 6-8 pages per minute with a
fixed lens.

When we were looking to purchase our reader/printer, one of the other
school districts specifically recommended AGAINST the Canon machines.
The librarian said that their's was nothing but trouble.  We purchased a
Minolta RP 503 with which we are very happpy.  We've had our machine for
about 5 years.  Its very reliable.

We've purchased ours through office equipment supply companies here in town
Cleveland, OH and 4 or 5 years ago the Canon was about $5,000 with a
removable unit that allows us to print microfilm as well as fiche

We purchased a Canon 70 reader printer some years ago and have been very
pleased.  As to current price I have no idea, and number assistance
lists Canon as 1 516 488 6700.

Deborah Stafford
Gen H.H. Arnold HS
Department of Defense Dependents Schools
Wiesbaden Germany
stafford@email.wiesbaden.army.mil
or  deborah_stafford@ccmail.odedodea.edu

LM_NET Archive Home