Dear Everyone:  This is Barbara Johnson, the "Blue Link Person". I thought
when I asked the question of how-to-do-this, that I would be patiently
indulged as the "New Kid on the Block" and you all were very patient! :-)
Thank you-Thank you! What I didn't realize was that I would need to post a
hit for this how-to-do for all those emails I've been getting about passing
the secret! Don't worry, I'm not going to name any names ;-)...

If you want to include a live link in your email make sure you begin with
*http://* (the ** are mine) then correctly type your web site after the
*http://*. Do not put any punctuation directly before or after the site
because it will be read as part of the address. As the sender, it will not
look blue to you. This is becuase when you finally send the message, the
email program you are using will translate it as a live (hot?) link.  For
example:

        http://www.lcweb.loc.gov/              is the web site for the Library of
Congress. It is not blue for me as I type, but as you read this, it should
be blue and you can click on it to go there.

Your email message, when typed at the end of your message, will also turn
blue as long as it is typed exactly as in a *to:*.
For example:
        erikjoh@netropolis.net    is my email (which should be blue for you now)

Do not type erikjoh @ netropolis.net  (with the spaces) because it confuses
the program.
Some people will have to type  *mailto:* and then the email address with no
spaces.

You will not be able to see the blue links. If you want to test this so you
don't look foolish ;-) --you can send an email message to yourself! (I
didn't know that either until I asked the blue link question!)

Hope this helps! If I've left anything out or made an error, I know one of
you experts will help me out!  Ya'll are wonderful!  Power to the newbies!
Barbara Johnson
Albright Middle School
Houston, Texas
< erikjoh@netropolis.net >