Julie Walker wrote:

> Gee, Betty, when I was in library school (yes, we even had computers then
> :), a pathfinder was a very specialized bibliography listing "all"
> resources on a subject.  (e.g. careers)  Maybe this concept has undergone
> a few other iterations since then???

Thanks! I must have slept in that class because I don't remember the term
"pathfinders".  I know bibliography and annotated bibliography and
tracings on the catalog card and thesaurus for finding synonyms for
searching electronically, but I don't remember "pathfinder"!  Who
generally designs those -- individual librarians? students? teachers? all
of the above?

Creating pathfinders seems quite time consuming considering the gazillion
different topics that may be researched.  Are they, as someone said, like
brochures? Are they listed somewhere in an electronic database?

Thanks!
Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home