Subject: Subject-  Space Weeding

                                                              5/8/97

My first post and I should be embarrassed, but have only been here a year.  My
space weeding has produced "Stars" by Zim, 1956 and "Patterns in the Sky" by
Reed, 1951.....oldies and moldies!

Bennie Driskell
Kimball Elementary School, Antioch, CA
Bennie_Driskell@ausd.cccoe.k12.ca.us
From: Shelley Lochhead <s_lochhead@MENTOR.UNH.EDU>
Subject: Newspaper Sticks, the marketplace!

I so enjoyed the newspaper sticks post by Jeffrey Hastings (put it in our
FAQ, with his permission?) that I sent it on to a friend in Toronto.
Herewith is her reply, which she asked me to post to you all:

Shel--

Please post my response to LM_NET.

Sue

--------------------------

I read with interest the recent discussion of newspaper sticks.  Some
of you may be interested to know that Newspaper Sticks are currently
on sale on the Levenger web site (http://www.levenger.com/) in the
Outlet section.  There are three models:  the Le Monde holds papers
up to 19 1/2"; the Le Figaro holds papers up to 21"; and the News
holds standard American papers up to 24 3/4" long, including The New
York Times and The Wall Street Journal.

So measure yours, and voila, you have its proper name!

Sue

Sue Easun
Assistant Professor and Child Emerita

Faculty of Information Studies