I'd be willing to bet at least 20 of you guys have written to say that you
saw that National Geographic story on Guam and asked if it was true the
snakes were dripping of the trees here. Well, I heard an interesting story
yesterday.

First, no! They are not. I have been here 6 years and have only seen about
5 or 6, mostly dead on the road. Yes, they have decimated our bird
population. We have no seagulls on our beaches. This is not such a bad
thing at times! :-)

I was told by a fairly reliable source that one of our esteemed politicians
was on a flight to DC. She found herself sitting, unbeknownst, next to the
reporter for Nat'l Geo. He told her what he had been doing but not who he
was. She told him on the south end of ther island, there were lots of
snakes and that's where it all started.

I wondered where NG got its info since  - unless you go looking for them -
you don't see at all. I shall track down the politician and see if it is
true! :-) Best

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time (USA) --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer, Storyteller &  Author!! :-)
                             tkc@kuentos.guam.net
                             http://www.guam.net/home/tkc/

1270 North Marine Drive, Suite 101-424
Tamuning GUAM 96911 U S A

 April - the IRS chose well whenthey chose  the month we start by honoring
fools and end by cryng "May Day!

LM_NET Archive Home