Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your help.  Several people asked
that I post a hit, but rather than include individual responses, I have
compiled a list.  Several titles got multiple votes.

Here goes:
Archer, Jeffrey                   Not a Penny Less, Not a Penny More
Bellamy, Edward                 Looking Backward : 2000-1887
Erdman, Paul                        Crash of '79
                                            Set-up
                                             Swiss Account
                                             Zero Coupon
Norris, ?                                Octapus
Rand, Ayn                             Fountainhead
Sinclair, Upton                       Jungle
Steinbeck, John                     Grapes of Wrath
Wolfe, Thos.                         Bonfire of the Vanities

Again, thanks for your input.  It was a great help.

Meg Stevenson
Head Librarian
The Pingry School
Martinsville, NJ