OK, folks, you've always come through before--here's a stumper!
My AP Amer. History teacher is frustrated that they've always got so much to
cover in so little time (he only got to Korea this year and would like to do
better in the future). What he'd like to do is find some sort of book (avail.
in pbk) to assign his kids to read over the summer that would cover alot of
the early U.S. history period (post Revolutionary to about the 1840s). Then
they could spend a few weeks discussing this period based on their readings,
and have more time to dive right in to the Civil War and beyond, and
hopefully get to more contemporary history by May. He says the book needs to
be interesting, and could be possibly a biography of a famous American or
some other fiction or nonfiction work that would fit the bill. Any ideas? I
said the first thing that came to mind was _Don't Know Much About History_,
to which he replied, yes, he actually uses that in class now, but it really
isn't what he wants to assign to the kids if there's something better out
there. Please email me directly if you come up with ANY ideas! He counts on
me for things like this, and I'd like to be able to make some suggestions.
TIA!
Jody
Jody Gerlock, Librarian, Upper School        phone (609) 924-6700 ext. 241
Princeton Day School                                    fax (609) 924-7278
P.O. Box 75, The Great Road              email: Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us
Princeton, NJ 08542

LM_NET Archive Home