Dear LM_NETTERS,  I am a sub in a high school that will be migrating from
Follett to another system.  Before doing so, they want to be sure that they
have complete MARC records for their holdings.  A quick check shows about
1600 titles with incomplete records, some of which lack ISBNs.

I have already determined that ISBNs did not exist until 1968.  (I'm sure
everyone already knew that)!!

My questions:  What is the best way....or the easiest way to find ISBNs for
out of print books?

Also, the library uses Alliance Plus for cataloging--can we assume with
certainty  that books in Alliance without ISBNs do not have them?

I have no idea if these are really stupid questions or really demonstrate
gross ignorance!!  I hope not! Any help you can send my way will be greatly
appreciated.

Gretchen Eichholtz
EGGACHAMBERLIN@worldnet.att.net
Tredyffrin Public Library