Dear LM_NETTERS:

I saw The Devil's Advocate last night.  For me, this was the best adult
movie I've seen in 20 years.  As a devout Catholic, I'de say every
Catholic should see it, as well as people of all religious backgrounds.
A thesis could probably be done on this movie (I will definitey be
reading the book too).  The theme was extraordinarily executed.  The
script was superb.  Symbolism abounds. The characters' makeup was
excellent in that imperfections (wrinkles, beauty marks, freckles)
weren't covered up via makeup or special camera lens.  Most of all, you
could clearly understand all the lines, although, at times I wondered if
anyone in the show was breathing, the silence in the theatre was
deafening, not a cough, not a sneeze to be heard.

Al Pacino's acting was stellar in that he wasn't acting the role...he
was the role!  The rest of the cast was superb as well.

For me this was a movie of faith, good v. evil, free will.  Prior to the
movie I heard some people saying that they knew people who had got up
and walked out of the movie, they didn't mention which scene.  I must
admit, there were two scenes in the church that got my Catholic
upbringing a little skittish, however, my rock solid faith overcame my
skittishness.

When I went to mass today with my children, I was so thankful for my
faith and having my church to go to.  This movie says it all folks!
It's a benchmark in the movie industry and it's about time Hollywood
finally produced something that cuts to the core of human existence and
challenges us to re-examine what life is all about.

My kids asked me about the movie (they are 9 & 5) and I told them that
when they are older, we all will watch it together because I truly
believe it will be a positive impact on their lives and will back-up all
the foundation I am laying to help them lead honest, godly lives.

I can't wait to see it again!  Don't wait for it to come out on video -
this one is definitely a must see on the big screen!  Lawyers &
journalism people should definitely see it!

I'de be interested to read anyone's comments.

Janice Kowalski-Kelly
MLS student
jlkk@acsu.buffalo.edu

PS "They never see me coming."  Al Pacino, "The Devil's Advocate"

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/