I received many more suggestions after I posted my hit with two
suggestions.  The following is everything that I received.

*******

Start here:

http://www.mobot.org/MBGnet/vb/index.htm

and go from there.

*******

I have a web site with two different theme pages that I am sure wil have
the information about "animals" of the rainforest/jungle that you are
looking for.  My site is "The Educator's Toolkit" and the URL is
http://www.eagle.ca/~matink
On the Themes link you will find two themes: Endangered Animals and The
Environment.  Hope these will have what you are looking for.  Both pages
have been updated within the last week so all of the links should be active.

*******

1. Biomes
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~bogler/ecology/biomes.html
See this Web page for facts about the tundra, evergreen coniferous forest
(taiga, boreal forest), temperate deciduous forest, temperate grasslands
(prairie, steppe), deserts, dry shrubland (Chaparral or Mediterranean),
tropical savanna, tropical deciduous forest, and tropical evergreen
forest. The top of the Web page has definitions for "biomes" and
"ecotone."

2. MBGnets Virtual Biomes
http://cissus.mobot.org/MBGnet/vb/
Here you can click on the pictures to learn more about any of these six
biomes: desert, grasslands, temperate deciduous forests, rainforest,
tundra, and taiga.

3. Biomes and Soils
http://www.tesarta.com/www/resources/library/biomes.html
This Web page has facts on different biomes, including their
precipitation, temperature, climate, soils, plants, and animals.

4. Tour of Biomes
http://www.cotf.edu/ETE/scen/MSESE/earthsysflr/biomes.html
This site was created for middle school students. Pages are devoted to
tropical rain forest, tropical savannah, mid-latitude deciduous forest,
desert, subarctic taiga, and polar tundra.

5. Biomes of the World
http://www.snowcrest.net/freemanl/geography/slides/biomes/
This page shows a map of the world with all the different biomes. Click on
any of the biomes to the right of the map to see pictures and interesting
facts.

6. BIOMES <http://www.pacific-academy.surrey.bc.ca/ms/biomes.html>
This site contains links to other sites with information on wetlands,
temperate forests, tundra, savanna and grasslands, tropical rainforests,
and deserts.

7. World Biomes
http://www.ups.edu/biology/museum/worldbiomes.html
This article explains why the earths regions are divided into different
biomes. This is for more advanced readers.

*******

This may be too juvenile, but it is my favorite, by far.

http://www.toucansam.com/

*******
\I am new to this list serv and may not be responding in the way you requested
but I wanted to share a rain forest web site I use. Part of it is devoted to
the animals of the rain forest. I hope this helps.

<A HREF="http://www.jaglair.com/rain/jag-rain.htm">Jaguar's Rain Forest

*******

There is a new PBS site for teacher science inservice/resources. I would
give it 3 WOW's! (or more!). They have monthly themes - Nov. -
Rainforests, Dec. - Oceans.

http://www.pbs.org/learn/scienceline/

If you like this, you might also check out:

PBS Teacher Resource Service
http://www.pbs.org/learn/trsletter/

********

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/