Hi,

 I apologize for being slow with this my reply.  I am posting  a hit on
author videos.  I had also requested info in cheaper sports books but did
not get anything on that one. ( I had left out the subject which probably
messed up the message for many. )  Anyway, thanks to all who helped out and
good luck!  Keep your heads above water!

            Trumpet Book Club has many author videos at a reasonable price.
JMolozaiy@worldnet.att.net  I think you're thinking of the Trumpet Video
Visits.  Another excellent one is the new "Visit with Tomie dePaola."  I've
been showing it and the
kids loved it and they've really been checking out his books.  He's always
been a favorite but it's really moved the books.  His website has the
ordering information and if you buy one, you can get a second one for a
dollar!  It's about $35 for one as I recall.I just ordered 2 videos on
authors: E. L. Konigsburg and Madeleine
L'Engle from Omnigraphics.  There was a decent list of authors, but I
cannot remember if your two were included.  The videos are $50.00 each.
We haven't seen them yet, but I ordered them because Omnigraphics
quality hasn't let me down yet (and I hope it doesn't this time!!) :

        I took a local in-service course last spring where the
instructor used author interview tapes to highlight books published
by those particular authors.  A  lot of them were Newbery award
winners.  During the course I went to the Pa. School Librarians
Conf. and lo and behold the "interviewer" was there as a vendor.
We had a nice conversation.
        Tapes are available from:
                Tim Podell Productions
                P.O. Box 244
                Scarborough, N.Y.  10510
                1-800-642-4181
                1-914-944-8110 Fax
                timpod@msn.com E-mail

Just received in the mail today a brochure from Omnigraphics,Inc. that
contains a video series called Good Conversation. Paterson and Lowry are
not in this set, but many others are. The Toll free number is
1-800-875-1340.
  The SRA McGraw Hill Co. has a great video series on Newbery
and Caldecott authors. Their toll-free no. is 1-888/SRA-4KIDS.

                       \|/
                       @ @
Bev Nelson                             work:bev.nelson@springgrove.k12.mn.us
k-12 Media Generalist                  home:bnelson@means.net
Spring Grove Public School             Spring Grove, MN   55974

 listserv@listserv.syr.edu              In the message write EITHER
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET  2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL  or 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST
 For more help see LM_NET On The Web:  http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/