Hello LM_Netters again!

I received many, many responses to my question about math web sites and
several requests for a hit.  I have quite a wonderful list to refer to an=
the teacher absolutely loves it!  Thanks again to all who responded.  Thi=
group is a wonderful resource! :-)
Here goes...

You might point the math teacher to my page(BRHS Information
Retrievers) and have her click to the Math page--tons of links there--als=
have some in the Fido's Finds for Educators that are specifically for Mat=
teachers--I've had a lot of middle school teachers using the pages and
they seem to like it from the feedback I've had.  Hope this helps.
Web Page: <http://www.gwi.net/brhs/> fdaley@saturn.caps.maine.edu

Our website (http://www.microfusion.com.au) has some Maths links which ma=
be of use. Go to LINKS, then to Mathematics.

There is also something called Math Den

Explore Math and Science Resources
http://unite.ukans.edu

K-12 Math and Science Curriculum Frameworks Page
http://oz.plymouthedu/~mathdept/curricula/index.html

Here's one I got from a course I took this summer about the
Internet - haven't used it personally, but give it a try. It's called Mat=
and Science Educators and its at
http://www.tc.cornell.edu.Edu/MathSciGateway/

Here is a list of web sites. I will try to define them as I go, but
if I don't get to all of them with a heading, pls bear with me.=20
Mega-Mathematics
http://www.c3.lanl.gov.80/mega-math/

8th grade curriculum
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dkbrown

Kay Vandergrift's page
http://www.scils.rutgers.edu/special/kay/kayhpz.html

Eisenhower National Clearinghouse
http://www.enc.org

Ultimate Children's Internet Sites
http://www.vividus.com/ucis.html

The Web Workshop
http://www.vividius.com/WW/flyer.html#publish

Appetizers and Lessons for Math and Reason
http://www.cam.org/~aselby/lesson.html

Business Week's Technology and Education website and listserv
http://www.businessweek.com/tocs/teched.htm
they also have a wonderful article about a Georgia science who used
the net to get her students excited about science at
        http://www.businessweek.com/1997/30/b353735.htm

40 lesson plans
http://www.itrc.edu/webcamp

This site uses patterns in oriental rugs to demonstrate variety of forms
of symmetry - for middle schoolers
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/geometry/rugs

Women Mathematicians - I loved this site!=20
http://www.agnesscott.edu/lriddle/women/women.htm

Dr. Turtle's Math and Physics
http://www.vt.edu:10021/B/bwn/java.html

k-12 curriculum and lesson planning for teachers
http://www.cccnet.com

learningspace
http://learningspace.org/instruct/lplan/lesson/lesson.html

Look at Hoop Happenings, a mid-school math talking/writing e-mail project=
=20
teaming students with college students.  The WWW address is
http://www.wested.org/tales/05hoop01.html
=09
Be sure to see Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators and follow curriculum
connectors for math.  Just type her name in almost any search engine.

Math Sites from StFX  [great list of sites--especially note the
Eisenhower National Clearinghouse, Learning in Motion, NCTM, and Kathy
Schrock's page]
http://juliet.stfx.ca/~x94emj/math.htm

Annenberg/CPB Project---Science And Math Initiatives
http://www.learner.org/content/k12/sami/

Fisher Scientific has a searchable list of sites.  I went to the
math section and used keywords <project> and <lesson plans> and got 39
items, some of which sounded neat for middle school.
http://www.fisheredu.com/query2.html

I don't know which of these will help, as I haven't tried them out, but
these have been suggested in the past:
**ALCOM  http://alcom.kent.edu/ALCOM/K12/k12.html
**Blue Dog  http://hp8.ini.cmu.edu:5550/bdf.html
**Cornell Math and Science gateway for H.S.=20
http://www.tc.cornell.edu/Edu/MathSciGateway
**Explorer  http://unite.tisl.ukans.edu/explorer/MathOutline.html
**Geometry Center  http://www.geom.umn.edu
**Geometry Center Picture Archive=20
http://www.geom.umn.edu/pix/archive/top.html
**Geometry Puzzle of the Week=20
1.  Address for the Geometry Forum is http://forum.swarthmore  address
for the specific geometry problem of the week is
http://forum.swarthmore.edu/pow2/index.html
2. You can also get the puzzle of the week through email address
 majordomo@fourm.swarthmore.edu
     message  subscribe geometry-pre-college  youraddress
**The Hub  http://hub.terc.edu:70/hub
**Kids Web  http://www.npac.syr.edu/textbook/kidsweb/math.html
**Ask Dr. Math --- http://forum.swarthmore.edu/dr.math
MathMagic! --- http://forum.swarthmore.edu/mathmagic/
Math Online Helpline --- http://www.kqed.org/Cell/math
Math Quotes  --- http://math.furman.edu/~mwoodard/mquot/html
This is Mega-Mathematics! --- http://www.c3.lanl.gov/mega-math
**MegaMath        http://www.c3.lanl.gov/mega-math/
**New Math Sites  http://www.wentworth.com/classroom/newed/u.htm
**Primes  http://www.tum.edu/departments/math
**Problem of the Week  http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/=D3jfinch/math/html
**Resources  gopher://una.hh.lib.umich.edu:70/0R0 36233
    /inetdirsstacks/mathsci%3aohaver
**Resources  http://euclid.math.fsu.edu/Science/math.html
**Statistics  http://www.stat.ufl.edu/vlib/statistics.html
**Time  gopher://austin.unimelb.edu.au
**Virtually Gone Gallery  http://superior.berkeley.edu/Escher/escher.

We have links to several math sites on our school's web page.  The url is=
=20
included in my signature below.  When you get there, there are two=20
different places where you might find useful information.  For links that=
=20
students would use, go to "Curriculum Links" and then to "Math".  For=20
links that teachers would use, go to the "Professional Library" and then=20
to "Math".  I hope that you will find something that you can use.
   #  http://www.esu3.k12.ne.us/districts/millard/centmidd/central.html  =
#

Thanks to all who responded!  I bet there are a lot of people out there w=
ho
will be interested in this!

Amy Austin
Vivian Field Middle School
Carrollton/Farmers Branch, Texas
PAustin333@aol.com
   =20

         =20

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST