Here is a Hit on the information I received regarding Integrating
Technology into the Curriculum.  Thanks to everyone who sent a reply.
 If anyone else has any ideas, keep them coming.  There are lots of us =

who need all of the help we can get!

Here's something I stumbled across today.
  *September  Teaching Pre-K-8 has section devoted to this topic.
                                Thanks Again!
                                                Cindy P.
                                First YearLMS
**********
Try introducing them to the following URLs:

http://spacelink.msfc.nasa.gov - NASA Spacelink
        Hot topics, cool picks and the library.   You'll find information
on Mars Pathfinder, Galileo, shuttle missions, the latest on the MIR,
and, in the library, you'll find all kinds of activity books and computer
programs to download - free - with NASA's blessings.

http://www.nasa.gov - NASA homepage
        tours of all the major NASA space flight centers, the public
affairs office, and you can access NASA's Education Office by clicking =

on
the lower right hand button (labeled "Education").  You'll find even
more
things to download.

http://teacherlink.ed.usu.edu/nasa - Utah State Univesity's
"Teacherlink"
-
        This NASA ERC is NASA's official site for "keeping things up
date".   It has links to all kinds of NASA programs and the easiest
downloading procedure!

All the NASA sites/activity books are science, math, and health
oriented,
and appropriate for grades K-12 (and adults).   As NASA revises their
activity books, they are incorporating - in print - the math and science
standards (as written by the National Science Teachers Assoc. and
National Council of Teachers of Mathematics).  They also have some
technology standards included, and some NASA folks are working with
the
geography people on the forthcoming geography standards.

You didn't list your city/state in your address.  If you want information
on your state's local NASA Educator Resource Center, please email
me back
with your city and state.  The ERCs are available free of charge to
educators.   While each center can set its own "rules," we are
available
to give workshops at your schools, have educators visit us (to preview
and duplicate materials, learn about space related web sites, and pick =

up
lots of great printed materials).   Your teachers and students will have
a ball!   All materials may be duplicated (and/or downloaded) with
NASA's
blessings.   For those materials which NASA had someone else
produce, we
have copyright clearance letters, so these materials can safely be
added
to your school library.

Have fun!

Barbara

Barbara R. Herbert          Librarian/NASA ERC Coordinator
Georgian Court College     Lakewood, NJ  08701-2697
home: bherb@juno.com     work: herbert@georgian.edu
NASA ERC: NASA_ERC@georgian.edu

*********
Here's one suggestion...  Have the students do a multimedia
presentation
using KidPix, HyperStudio, or PowerPoint.  They can tell something
about
themselves.  For example, their family, where they live, their favorite
subject, what they like best about themselves, etc.  I did this with a
class...it lent itself well in the beginning of the year as we were "gett=
ing
to know" each other.  (I did one too!)

Good luck!

P.S.  Could you post a HIT when you receive your responses?  We're
ALL
looking for more ideas!!!!

Gloria L. Pitsley
First Year LMS !!!!!
Beacon CSD

**********

        I didn't see your first post but I assume from this one that you'=
re
trying to find ways to get your teachers using the technology.  We
have had
Apples in rooms for years and finally three years ago got a Mac for
each
elem. classroom and last year put a lab in.  It is not networked yet and =

we
do not have internet access in that building either.  We knew in order =

get teachers to integrate the computer into the curriculum, they had to
feel comfortable with it so last year we had several inservice sessions
just for them to help them feel comfortable using it for things they are
doing anyway.  One inservice I talked about basic rules in desktop
publishing--like the font types to use, spacing, etc (I got ideas from
people on this listserve) and then had a template for each of them and =

we
did a newletter for their classroom.  The principal and my aid assisted =

me
so we could modify it to fit their needs or desire.  They had been told
ahead of time to bring something they would want to put in a
newsletter
home, and many of them were sending a hand-written one home each
week so
they were very happy to create a more professional looking one.
Another
time, we showed them how to put a class inventory on a database.
Another
session allowed them time to explore specific programs that they might
possibly want to use in class (like storybook weaver)  It really was
beneficial.  Now hopefully they'll feel more comfortable going on on
their
own.
Good luck!
Joyce

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST