There was some concern about finding the free USGS teaching materials on
their website, and exactly how to order them.  I have, in my hand, free
USGS teacher materials.  They do exist!  I have spoken to one of their
folks and made a suggestion that those materials be clearly labeled at the
website, and that there be a more convenient ordering process.  If you
read the webpage instructions, you will see that USGS requires teachers'
requests to be subemitted on school LETTERHEAD - their guarantee of
authencity, so to speak.  You'll just have to lick a stamp.  ;-)  - Anton

----------
Here are some USGS numbers:

1-800-435-7627
1-800-HELP-MAP
1-800-USA-MAPS
----------
And here again are the USGS websites:

USGS - The Learning Web:
http://www.usgs.gov/education/

USGS - Adventures in the Learning Web
http://www.usgs.gov/education/othered.html

USGS Educational Materials List - Teacher Packets:
http://www.usgs.gov/education/edulist.html

Quoted from this last page --

"The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) collects, analyzes, and publishes
information about the Nation's mineral, land, and water resources. Some of
this earth science information is available as educational material in a
variety of books, posters, fact sheets, and resources lists. The following
highlights some products you may want to use.

(and here is the somewhat obscure clue to FREE materials!  I suggested
 they use the word FREE and make it a click to the order form from here.)

Request the following teaching material on school letterhead, indicating
the grade level and subject of interest."

(and further down the page...)

"Send requests to:

 USGS Information Services
 Box 25286
 Denver, CO 80225
 E-mail: infoservices@usgs.gov"

So, there you go!  Their materials are worth the stamp!  - Anton

----------
From my LM_NET post earlier this week --
> The USGS (U.S. Geological Survey) offers FREE posters and pamphlets on
> Earth Science topics.  Call at 1-800-435-7627 to get on their mailing
> list.  Meanwhile, go take a peek!  ;-)  - Anton

 To quit LM_NET (or set NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send an email message to:
 listserv@listserv.syr.edu          In the message write either:
 1)  SIGNOFF LM_NET         or
 2)  SET LM_NET NOMAIL      or
 3)  SET LM_NET DIGEST