MY ORIGINAL REQUEST.....
Ok guys...make me look reallllllly good....
Who can name the 16 different moons for the planet, Jupiter? I  have found
four so far.
TIA...

     Within 11 minutes, I had my first response....within 20 mins I had
4...!!!!!!!!  I printed up copies of them, and brought them to the teacher who
had requested the info just to see her face (the young ladies who came with
the request hadn't even had time to leave, and I hadn't even finished loading
my browser to see what more I could find). There was a musical  assembly that
was at a break when I walked into the auditorium;  I walked up to the teacher,
handed the copies to her...she kissed me to the amazement of the hordes of
students, staff, and parents present.  Talk about making me look realllllly
good!!!!
     For those of you who have requested the answer and the location of where
to find this info here goes.....

From Christine in New Haven....the very first response
Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Leda,
Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae, Sinope.

NO.      SATELLITE       DISCOVER               DATE
XVI      1979J3         SYNNOTT         1980
XIV     1979J1          JEWITT & DANIELSON      1979
V       AMALTHEA        BARNARD                 1892
XV      1979J2          SYNNOTT         1980
I       IO              GALILEO, MARIUS         1610
II      EUROPA          GALILEO, MARIUS         1610
III     GANYMED E       GALILEO, MARIUS         1610
IV      CALISTO         GALILEO, MARIUS         1610
XIII    LEDA            KOWAI                   1974
VI      HIMALIA         PERRINE                 1904
X       LYSITHEA        NICHOLSON               1938
VII     ELARA           PERRINE                 1905
XII     ANANKE          NICHOLSON               1951
XI      CARME           NICHOLSON               1938
VIII    PASIPHAE        MELOTTE                 1908
            (UMLAT OVER LAST E)
IX      SINOPE          NICHOLSON               1914

LISTED IN MEAN DISTANCE FROM JUPITER....CLOSEST TO FARTHEST.

SOURCE: Hunt, Garry and Patrick Moore.  JUPITER.  New York: Rand McNally &
Co., 1981, p. 51
Here goes:
   Metis
     Adrastea    Amalthea
       Thebe       lo      Europa
        Ganymede    Callisto  Leda     Himalia
         Lysithea    Elara     Ananke    Carme     Pasiphae  & Sinope
Compliments of my trusty World Book Encyclopedia
You're lookin' good!!
Our McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science and Technology have
the "satellites" of Jupiter listed as Metis, Adrastea,
Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Leda,
Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae, and
Sinope. Hope these are what you needed!
Jupiter acctually has 16 moons.
Check out
http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/jupiter.html
-- It will answer more than u can imagine.
From innermost to outermost, they are:
  Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea, Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede
  Callisto, Leda, Himalia, Lysithea, Elara, Ananke, Carme
  Pasiphae, and Sinope

More info on the moons can be found at :
<http://ceps.nasm.edu:2020/ETP/JUPITER/jupmoons.html
**
http://seds.lpl.arizona.edu/nineplanets/nineplanets/jupiter.html
Here's the list I found in Grolier CD-ROM: Metis, Adrastea, Amalthea,
Thebe, Io, Europa, Ganymede, Callisto, Leda, Himalia, Lysithea, Elar,
Ananke, Carme, Pasiphae, Sinope.

So again....thank you, thank you, thank you...!!!!!!!

Nadine

Nadine Lipman, School Librarian
CTlipz01@aol.com
Cohanzie School