Hello all ...

Here is one of the recent postings about sports ... in an attempt to
bring a little light into the air here. . .

<center>WHY "SPORTS SCHOLARSHIP" IS AN OXYMORON

(Courtesy of Humor Pal Mary Pierce)

</center>

    "You guys pair up in groups of three, then line up in a circle"

       -- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

    "You guys line up alphabetically by height"

       -- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach

    "I play football. I'm not trying to be a professor. The tests

     don't seem to make sense to me, measuring your brain on stuff

     I haven't been through in school."

      -- Clemson recruit Ray Forsythe, who was ineligible as a freshman

         because of academic requirements

    "I know the Virginia players are smart because you need a 1500 SAT

     to get in. I have to drop bread crumbs to get our players to and

     from class"

      -- George Raveling, Washington State basketball coach

    "Why would anyone expect him to come out smarter? He went to prison

     for three years, not Princeton."

        -- Boxing promoter Dan Duva on Mike Tyson hooking up again with

           promoter Don King

   "I can't really remember the names of the clubs that we went to."

     -- Shaquille O'Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon

        during his visit to Greece

   "The ballparks have gotten too crowded. That's why nobody goes to

     see the game anymore." -- Yogi Berra

     "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes."

     -- Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh

    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy

     like Norman Einstein."

      -- Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann

        Laughingly Yours,

        Terrill Fischer

        CEO (Chief Exaggeration Officer)

                           HUMOR UNIVERSITY

        "If You Don't Have a Sense of Humor, It's Just Not Funny."

                voice: 512-472-1855 / fax: 512-476-0540

                email: terrill@humoruniversity.com

                       ann@humoruniversity.com

                To subscribe or "unsubscribe" to the free

                e-mail newsletter, The Amuseletter and

                other clean humorous, fun and amusing listings,

                e-mail: terrill@humoruniversity.com

Aloha y'all ...  Earl J.

<center>earlj@moniz.org, emoniz@nccu.edu, OR earlj.moniz@mci2000.com

web site composer, life-long learner and self-employed librarian

Earl J. Moniz [ http://www.moniz.org ]

<bold><italic>An old Maui boy with a poor sense of direction...

</italic></bold>Fayetteville, North Carolina

Aloha, y'all. . .

</center>