I worry that our listserv has hurt the reputation of Follett because so
many of us have experienced long delays in getting our orders.  While that
may be true, perhaps it is partially because of Follett's move.  Perhaps we
should wait to see how they do next year.

I say this because Follett is ONE OF THE BEST VENDORS in many ways.

Their cataloging department must be good.  Their MARC records are thorough
and include grade levels and reviews.  Unlike the other vendors I use, they
will assign an E as a prefix to easy non-fiction----based on their K-3
grade level ratings, which I found almost always on the mark.

Their catalog of books is the most comprehensive in terms of number of
titles, and has a better, more complete, listing of series than any other.
They have added a section to the catalog in author order which should be
comprehensive fairly soon.  They have more professional educational books
listed. They list several states' series and series of professional sports
teams, which kids really crave.

Their CD-ROM catalog, Titlewave, and its counterpart on the Internet,
www.titlewave.com, are wonderful for compiling possible lists of books by
topic and grade level, and no harder to use than other CDs.

Joan Kimball

Joan Kimball, Librarian, Hart's Hill School, Whitesboro NY 13492
E-mail:  jkim@borg.com