Judy,

What to see in Austria?  That's a tough question - but only because there
is so much.  I have a brother who lives south of Vienna and had the
opportunity to go and see him and his family this last summer.  It was
such a great experience.  Of course, as usual, it all depends on what
you're interested in.  One of the things that I wouldn't have missed for
the world was Hallstadt ( I think that's the spelling).  The town is
situated around a lake that does boat rides, and going up the mountain
gives you access to one of the areas salt mines.  It was a really
incredible experience going in the salt mine.  I had been to Salzburg
before, so didn't go again - it's a great experience too, but reportedly
more commercial now.  The abbey at Melk is quite impressive. I'd
definitely go to one of the castles in Burgenland.  Also, one of the
highlights of the trip for me, was a cruise down the Rhine from Wiesbaden
to St. Goarshausen.  You get to see a good collection of the castles from
the river.  We went into the castle that is at St. Goarshausen - can't
remember its name - starts with an R - and it was really great.
Wiesbaden, a lovely city too, is quite close to Frankfurt so you could hit
it on the way back.

Hope these help.

Irene Schlarb
MLS student(Syracuse University)