Just a little trivia to break up the week:
 The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog." Uses every=20
> letter in the alphabet. (developed by Western union to Test telex/twx=20
> communications)
>=20
> In every episode of Seinfeld there is a Superman somewhere.=20
>=20
> Average life span of a major league baseball:  7 pitches.=20
>=20
> A duck's quack doesn't echo, and no one knows why.=20
>=20
> In the 1940s, the FCC assigned television's Channel 1 to mobile Service=
s=20
> (two-way radios in taxicabs, for instance) but did not re-number the
> other channel assignments. That is why your TV set has channels 2 and=20
> up, but no channel 1.
>=20
> The San Francisco Cable cars are the only mobile National Monuments.=20
>=20
> The only 15 letter word that can be spelled without repeating a letter=20
> is uncopyrightable.
>=20
> Hang On Sloopy is the official rock song of Ohio.=20
>=20
> Did you know that there are coffee flavored PEZ?=20
>=20
> The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the days of yore=20
> when the engines were pulled by horses.  The horses were stabled on the=
=20
> ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
>=20
> The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie." (Thus the name=
=20
> of the Don McLean song.)
>=20
> When opossums are playing 'possum, they are not "playing." They actuall=
y=20
> pass out from sheer terror.
>=20
> The Main Library at Indiana University sinks over an inch every year=20
> because when it was built, engineers failed to take into account the=20
> weight of all the books that would occupy the building.
>=20
> Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from=20
> history.
>                 Spades - King David
>                 Clubs - Alexander the Great=20
>                 Hearts Charlemagne
>                 Diamonds - Julius Caesar.=20
>=20
> 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 =3D 12,345,678,987,654,321=20
>=20
> If a statue in the park of a person on a horse has both front legs in=20
> the air, the person died in battle; if the horse has one front leg in=20
> the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle; if=20
> the horse has all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural=20
> causes.
>=20
> Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people=20
> [...]
    =20
--=20
Nancy A. Noack, Librarian
East Troy Elementary, East Troy, WI
nnoack@easttroy.k12.wi.us
=93When we are unable to find tranquility
within ourselves, it is useless to seek it
elsewhere.=94 -La Rochefoucauld