Dear LM Netters,

I earnestly implore everyone who has anything to say
about the Library Aide issue (whether or not we
professional librarians should help and assist non-professinals
who are charge of school libraries) to post TO THE LIST--not
to me personally.  I appreciate all the sincere and articulate
of these responses.  I
I posted my original comment in response to something that
was sent to the list because I think it is worthy of group
discussion.  I've had some interesting posts that disagree
with me--I don't want to summarize those comments for the group
because I disagree with them so strongly that frankly, I
feel I might not summarize them properly.  Please, please,
would those of you who have anything to say, especially those
of you who disagree with me post to the list.

I understand the concept beyind the HIT/TARGET format, but I
think that it really is not appropriate for a give-and-take
discussion.

Thanks again--this is a very significant issue for our profession
and both the agree-ers and the disagree-ers had some very interesting
points to make.

People feel very strongly--let's not make this a flame war.

Best to all and many thanks

Constance Vidor
Librarian
The Cathedral School