Hello everyone,

any of you ever play with the AOL Buddy List (Instant Messaging - IM) program that
comes with Netscape.

Well, there is a new version out for those of us not lucky enough to have AOL
accounts ... 8-)  Well, there are probably a number of them on the market and
floating around the Internet - one which some of us have been tinkering with lately
is called AbbottChat.

It permits anyone running the AbbottChat program to identify any other AbbottChat
individuals who are online at the same time.  Individuals may contact each other
directly and form *private* chat rooms into which only invited members may join -
no more uninvited guests coming by to cause any mischief. . .and no servers to
worry about either ... just direct links from one computer to others running the
same program ... it is also platform friendly (both MAC and PC versions
available)...

If this program sounds interesting to you and you would like to tinker with it,
please proceed to the site below and download it ... enter my name and Gayle Hodur
in your end of the program and you will be able to see when we are logged on ...

 * * * * * * * * * *

http://www.abbottsys.com/atchat.html

Gayle Hodur

ghodur@redshift.com (email)

UnGayle (AOL Buddy List IM and AbbottChat)

Earl J. Moniz

earlj@moniz.org (email)

Earl_J (AbbottChat);  EarlJMoniz (AOL Buddy List IM chat)

* * * * *

For those who want to come back and see how it might work in larger groups, you are
all invited to come and visit us (Gayle and I and the rest of the gang) next
Saturday night (8 AUG) between 10 and 11 PM EST ...

I will be back at between 2 and 3 AM EST (Gayle might hang around this long as
well) on Sunday (9 AUG) for those of you w-a-a-a-y out west. . .if you would like
to come and visit and work with a group of more than two or three chatters, stop on
by ... it should be a good adventure ... and fun also. . .

The program has many possibilities - and we can discuss them when we meet next
Saturday night at 10/11 PM EST ... or 2/3 AM EST Sunday morning. . .

Try it, you'll like it . . .

Aloha...   Earl J.

<center>Earl J. Moniz

- - - Teacher, Librarian, and Web Composer - - -

earlj@moniz.org or emoniz@nccu.edu

http://www.moniz.org

"<bold>Just an old Maui boy with a poor sense of direction...</bold>"

Aloha y'all --- Fayetteville, North Carolina

</center>