--------------1080B378933DDB059E4242C6

I suppose it is all right wave a book carefully on low power to see if
it works, but for myself, I will never do it again.

In the middle 70's I was operating by rumor on anything to do with
microwave ovens, but I figured since they didn't brown things, it might
be cool to dry out a book in the microwave... after all, we've all dried
out the Sunday paper in the oven, right?

I put a wet book, rescued from a puddle, in the microwave and sat down
around the corner in the teacher's lounge. About five minutes later,
there was a KA-WHOOMP and I hurried back to find my book in flames and
the microwave oven broken.

I am sorry to say I would have probably gotten rid of the evidence and
sneaked out, but there were OTHER PEOPLE in the lounge. I told my
principal, James LaVois, that I had broken the microwave and would be
glad to, gulp, pay for its repair or replacement. He tried to hide a
grin when he asked me just exactly HOW did the thing get broken. The
story must have been good enough to make him let me off the hook because
I did not have to make good on my promise.

I never microwaved another book, but did you know that it is NOT TRUE
that you can hard boil an egg in the microwave if you poke a little hole
in the shell?

Diane
--------------1080B378933DDB059E4242C6

begin:          vcard
fn:             Diane Roberts
n:              Roberts;Diane
org:            Houston Independent School District
adr:            Bureau of Library Services;;5216 Feagan
Street;Houston;Texas;77007;USA
email;internet: edrobert@swbell.net
title:          Library Supervisor
tel;work:       713.861.1204
tel;fax:        713.864.9380
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;-21344
x-mozilla-html: FALSE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------1080B378933DDB059E4242C6--

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to