Private all-girls school in mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles is hiring a haft-time
librarian.  This is a new position which will start in September or ASAP
thereafter. Joining a staff of 2 professional librarians, the primary responsibility
of this new position will be OCLC copy cataloging and Winnebago record
updating.  Other professional tasks will be shared among all the librarians
depending upon library/school need, individual interest and talent.  The
successful candidate must have an MLS or equivalent and, ideally, some
previous school library experience.  We are a busy library with lots going on; as
such, the person we are looking for must be adaptable and able to work
comfortably with both teenagers and faculty.  We are a highly academic school
of 500 students grades 7-12.  Our collection consists of 22,000 volumes, 90
print magazine subscriptions, 7 networked public access terminals with the
usual variety of programs.  In addition to our professional staff, we have a parent
volunteer core of about 30 - 40 who do most of the many clerical tasks:
shelving and shelfreading, monitoring magazine subscriptions, fiche filing, etc.
You may email me directly or send your resume to the address or FAX
indicated below.  PLEASE NO PHONE CALLS.
Peter Chinnici, Department Head, Library
250 S. Rossmore Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90006
FAX: (213) 935-1147
Email: chinnicp@marlborough.la.ca.us

To quit LM_NET (or set-reset NOMAIL or DIGEST), Send email to