Hello LM_NETTERS
This is my first posting on the net but i have greatly enjoyed all the
tips that i have received.  I even answered a few request but i always
seem to be a little late because it is difficult to get on my server in
the evening.  I usually log on on saturday and sunday.
I have recently taken on a second job as the librarian of a conservative
synagogue in San Antonio, Texas (Agudas Achim).  I had just gone into
the religious school director to say hello and see if she wanted to hire
me on a monthly basis to tell Jewish stories.  The synagogue librarian
had just passed away and the chairman of the library committee was in
the building.  After presenting my credentials, I was hired.
Needless to say, the library is in a mess.  The synagogue has been in
existance for years.  The last librarian was a professional but in
following with the tradition of previous library workers just continued
with the mess.  The cataloging system is DDS with a modification from
the Association of Jewish Libraries.  The card catalog is useless.
Materials were entered only by title and author (no subject).  The
typing was attrocious.  The books were barely covered and of course no
weeding has ever been done.
The only recourse is starting from scratch.  Thanks to many generous
donations, we will purchase Follett Circ Plus and Catalog Plus.  We will
also purchase Alliance Plus and Mitinet for the cataloging tools.
Besides your sincere prayers, do you have any suggestions.  During the
school year, i can only work 5 hours a week.  Of course I will be able
to spend more hours in the summer, when the software will be
up-and-running.  Do you know any temples or synagogues in your area that
have converted to a computerized catalog and circ. system.  Please let
me know.

Thanks in advance

Felice Feldman <pfeldman@world-net.net>
Felice R. Feldman
13842 Shavano Downs
San Antonio, Texas 78230

Alkek Elementary
P.O. Box 727, Hwy 173 S
Bandera, TX 78003

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/