Greetings fellow LM_NETters!

The Weed of the Month web pages on January's topic of DISEASES have been

posted at the following URL:
http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu/weed/

Once again, the SUNLINK staff has attempted to identify titles that
should be critically examined with an eye toward weeding them and
replacing them with more current materials.  This list is not intended
to be the final authority on this topic, but merely a good place to
start when examining your library's collection on Diseases.

Although the topic of Diseases was announced to LM_NET on 1 January, we
received only one suggestion about a title to be weeded and no
suggestions for
items to consider when replacing obsolete items. All but one title on
the list
were taken from the SUNLINK union database of library materials in
Florida K-12 schools.

If you have examined your school's Diseases collection and found an
awful
title (outdated, stereotyped, biased) please email me at the address
below and we will add it to the list (without your name!).  The same
goes for terrific new titles you would like others to discover.

We would like the list of titles to consider for purchase to be more
comprehensive.  Please email me at the address below with your
suggestions.
--
Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be
chewed--Francis Bacon...and some should just be weeded!--Linda Miller

Carol McWilliams
mcwillia_c@popmail.firn.edu
Assistant director, SUNLINK
Florida's K-12 Library Union Database
http://www.sunlink.ucf.edu

listserv@listserv.syr.edu In the message write EITHER
    NOTE: Please allow time for confirmation from Listserv.
For more help see LM_NET On The Web: http://ericir.syr.edu/lm_net/